1. The object of the Foundation is:
- to maximise the effective use of geographic information for the benefit of the citizen, good governance and commerce in Europe.
- to represent the views of the geographic information community.
- to promote, stimulate, encourage and support the development and use of geographic information and technology; and
- the execution of anything that is connected with or that may attribute to the aforementioned, in the broadest sense.
2. The object of the Foundation does not include making profit to be distributed to its founders or officers, nor to other parties, unless the distribution to the latter has an idealistic or social purpose.